I’m working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
Our favorite paralegal, Willy Understand, has to research a case involving respondeat superior, which translates as “let the master answer” and refers to a legal doctrine in which an employer may be held responsible for the actions of his employees, when the actions are performed “in the course of employment.” In order for respondeat superior to apply, there must be a clear employee-employer relationship established, as the principle does not apply to actions by an independent contractor. This is a standard and quite common business law concept. Read the fact pattern for this assignment located in the Course Documents and then help Willy sort out the legal issues by answering the following questions. Make sure to include at least two references in your paper. They can be either in-text or end-references.
- Who might be liable in this situation?
- Under what legal doctrine and why? (Describe how and why it would apply).
- What defenses would the defendant/respondent have in this case, if any?
- How might this situation involve BOTH civil and criminal law?
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Length should be 300-500 words pages excluding cover page and references page.
- Double spaced and 12-point font.
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Paper should be in proper APA formatting.
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.