I’m trying to learn for my Law class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
WATCH THE FOLLOWING TedTalks:
- Loftus, E. (2013, June). Elizabeth Loftus: The fiction of memory [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_loftus_the_fiction_of_memory?language=en (Links to an external site.)
- Fraser, S. (2012, May). Scott Fraser: Why eyewitnesses get it wrong [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_fraser_the_problem_with_eyewitness_testimony (Links to an external site.)
ANSWER/DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING
- Summarize each discussion and then discuss how these discussions relate to criminal investigations and the suspect identification process.
- What steps should an investigator take to avoid conflicts addressed by Loftus and Fraser? Why do you believe this?
- Why do people frequently misidentify suspects to crimes? Is there a law enforcement investigator bias that may encourage misidentification? Explain.
Make sure to use proper APA formatting to cite your work if applicable.
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR PERSONAL THOUGHTS and OPINIONS on the topic